Resistance Bands; Your Full Body Workout
Posted on July 31 2018
Would you rather workout at home than at a crowded gym? You need to add resistance bands to your box of workout tools
Resistance bands may seem simple, but they are perfect piece of equipment for any fitness enthusiast. This total body workout will hit all major muscles with one convenient piece of equipment.
Benefits of Resistance Bands:
- You can train anywhere. Resistance bands are lightweight and take up almost no space at all. They are perfect to take to the park for a workout or to bring with you when you travel. Just pack them in your suitcase and you can workout in your hotel room, or on the beach before sipping a cocktail of course
- They provide resistance during the positive and negative movements of each exercise. When done correctly, you will be activating more muscles when using resistance bands than with other pieces of equipment because you need to control the deceleration of the movement.
- They’re extremely cost-effective and inexpensive. Even the heaviest resistance bands are no more than $15, so they’re great to add to a home gym.
- Great for a variety of different fitness levels or those looking to get stronger. Resistance bands come in a variety of resistances, including light, medium and heavy. You can adjust the intensity even further by giving the band more or less slack. You could also use multiple bands at once to increase the challenge.
- Add variety to exercises and can be used together with other equipment. You can use them with weights, allowing you to get the benefits of two types of exercises at once, or you could even use them with machines- if you go to the gym you may have seen them used before